Special Needs Faith Formation
- Registration Form Click here
- Please submit by scan, pdf or printed copy. Do not submit a photograph of the form.
- Cost is $150 per family. Click here to pay online.
First Communion, Reconciliation, and Continuing Faith Formation This class is for children who are in kindergarten thru 5th Grade. Children attending may be preparing for their First Communion and/or their First Reconciliation depending on their individual needs. This class is also for children who have already received First Communion and are continuing their faith formation. Children will practice previously learned skills, as well as expand their understanding of our faith at their individual level and pace. Click here for information and schedule
MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM
First Communion, Reconciliation, Confirmation and Continuing Faith Formation This class is for tweens/teens in 6th-12th grade who are preparing for First Communion, Reconciliation, and/or Confirmation. Some teens may participate in both the large group parish Confirmation classes and the small group classes listed below. This class is also for teens who have already received some of their Sacraments and are continuing their faith formation. The teens will practice previously learned skills, as well as expand their understanding of our faith at their individual level and pace. Click here for information and schedule
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Time: Classes are held one time per month on Sunday’s from 11-12pm with Mass afterwards from 12-1pm.
- Drop Off: Students are dropped off in Room 3 and 4 of the Hall. The easiest doors to enter the classroom are from the outside between the Youth Room and the Choir Room
- Pick Up/Meet Up: Students will be brought to the Church a few minutes before the 12pm Mass begins to meet their families.
- Mass: Students and their families will have a reserved seating area in the front sections of the church on class days. This is an opportunity for families to meet one another and develop community together. Mass is also a learning time for your child. Some children will be asked to do a “task” during Mass (ie. Point at the Eucharist and acknowledge that’s Jesus). Whatever “task” or skill your child is working on they will do it with you during Mass and the team will be there to support you and your child.
About our program: In 2012, we began a program for students with special needs as part of our Family Faith program. With the help of Mrs. Lucia Bartlett and her devoted team of adults and teens, we began walking the journey of faith with special needs students. Our program was featured in the June 11, 2015 Acorn Newspaper.
For more information, please contact Lucia Bartlett at [email protected]