Browsing News Entries
Posted on 05/27/2020 09:54 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
COVID-19 Update (26 May 2020 — 10:30PM)
Archbishop Gomez announces a plan to reopen our parishes. The reopening of the churches of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles will take place in steps. Pastors who are ready, after they have received approval from their Regional Bishop for their church reopening plan, may proceed to open their church for personal private prayer. As of June 3, 2020, Pastors may offer Mass and Scheduled Confessions with strict social distancing guidelines. Click here to read the guidelines.
Posted on 05/23/2020 11:14 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
COVID-19 Update (23 May 2020 — 10:00AM)
Archbishop José Gomez reflects on the current situation and provides an update on the celebration of sacraments in our parishes. Click here to watch his video message.
Posted on 05/16/2020 04:54 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
COVID-19 Update (15 May 2020 — 4:00PM)
Archbishop José H. Gomez dispenses all the Catholic faithful of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and all Catholics currently in the Archdiocese from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass until further notice. Furthermore, the public celebration of Mass continues to be suspended in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles until further notice. Click here to read the liturgical guidelines.
Posted on 05/14/2020 04:30 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
#LACATHOLICS RESPOND TO POPE’S CALL TO UNITE FOR DAY OF PRAYER, FASTING AND WORKS OF CHARITY ON MAY 14
Pope Francis has invited all faith communities to unite on May 14th for a day of prayer, fasting, and acts of charity. The appeal from the Higher Committee of Human Fraternity implores “all religious leaders and peoples around the world to respond to this call for humanity and together beseech God Almighty to safeguard the entire world, to help us overcome this pandemic, to restore security, stability, healthiness, and prosperity, so that, after this pandemic is over, our world will become a better place for humanity and fraternity than ever before.”
Read more on the Vatican’s call to join the worldwide day of prayer at AngelusNews.com: https://angelusnews.com/news/vatican/vatican-backs-worldwide-interfaith-day-of-prayer-and-fasting/.
Let us join in as one family of faith to #PrayTogether because we are always #BetterTogether. Pray and engage with the Archdiocese of Los Angeles online @LACatholics on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as we live this day with others around the world.
For more information on how to participate, visit: https://lacatholics.org/pray-together/. You can also share the following Facebook posts with your parish, school and ministry to invite our Catholic faithful to participate:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lacatholics/posts/3187949864549122
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lacatholics/posts/3187534534590655:0
Let us join Pope Francis and peoples of all faiths across the world to pray for an end to this pandemic.
Posted on 05/13/2020 04:36 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
COVID-19 Update (11 May 2020 — 9:00 AM)
The Department of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles has announced that its Catholic schools throughout Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties will continue with distance learning through the end of the 2019-2020 academic year. Click here to read the letter from Paul M. Escala, Superintendent of Schools.
Posted on 05/8/2020 04:35 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
COVID-19 Update (8 May 2020 — 6:00 AM)
Catholic Cemeteries and Mortuaries will be open for visitation Monday – Saturday from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM and on Sundays from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM. Click here to read full announcement and policies for visitation. (En español)
Posted on 05/6/2020 04:51 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
April has been an unusual but productive month for Loaves and Fishes. As needs are multiplying in this current climate, we are learning ways to serve with "no contact" policies. It's a win-win for those wanting to share and those needing assistance.
- Easter help arrived in the way of parishioners wanting to share their abundance with parishioners who are alone or in need of help. Two parish families had holiday food to share, and two volunteers delivered to families grateful to receive. Happy Easter!
- Loaves and Fishes was able to send out Easter greetings to senior parishioners, new parish families and faithful volunteers. Thank you to Tina, Julie, Judy T., and Dennis for addressing cards, mailing and/or personal deliveries.
- RAIN let us know about a dire need for diapers for 5 babies in their transitional housing facility. Ordering and direct delivery saved the day!
- Nature's Baby in Newbury Park donated 124 boxes of baby care items for a project planned to replace our Baby Day activity when we can return to our usual activities. Thank you, Nicole!!
- Ordering Target cards, Arco gas cards and Ralph's food cards through the generosity of a grant to Loaves and Fishes facilitated by a parish family has allowed us to pass along cards to organizations we generally serve and to specific families we are made aware of.
- Delivering to Catholic Charities Moorpark has been easy because of their regular drive-up space for donations. We were able to donate requested supplies and other items along with gift cards. Thanks, Jackie, John and Julie for delivery.
St. Jude's is blessed to still be able to help. Many blessings to all of you.
Posted on 05/6/2020 04:06 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
The rosary is a beautiful prayer that has brought about countless miracles throughout history. In this time of uncertainty, taking the time to pray it will give you and others a sense of peace and hope.
Map of Hope connects you with people around the world praying the rosary. Come here daily to add your prayer intentions, check the map, and share it with your friends and family.
Pope encourages faithful to pray Rosary at home
Letter on the Month of May - Full text, including prayers
Posted on 04/20/2020 11:32 AM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
Mass Suspension Extended
Parish churches, chapels, centers, and missions are to remain closed to the public until May
15, 2020, or until further notice. Click here to read the full statement
Posted on 04/18/2020 12:09 PM (Saint Jude the Apostle Church | St. Jude Church Blog)
Live Stream Mass Daily from the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels. Mass in Spanish is at 7AM and Mass in English is at 8AM. Click on the following link https://lacatholics.org/mass-for-the-homebound/