Family Faith Formation
The Family is the first place that the Gospel is shared and lived. You, as parents, have the unique privilege and honor of being the primary catechist of your child. The Catholic Church considers the home to be the domestic Church because what you do in your home and as a family is holy. Our hope is that the program will allow for the incredibly busy schedules your families have, for intentional time spent in conversation about faith with your child and to create the desire to build Catholic community connections with other families.
Please be aware that while your time required at the parish is limited to a monthly meeting and participating in Mass, you are still responsible for work to be completed at home. The monthly meetings are not the only requirement for this program. Please read carefully the information for the program below.
For more information, please contact our Faith Formation Coordinator Cindy Kozal (818)889-0612
Registration for Family Faith, Sacramental Preparation, Confirmation and Junior High will be in person this year. Registration is during the following times: Group A family faith is closed except for families with 6th graders
- August 20, 21, and 22 from 5 – 8 PM and August 25 after all Sunday Masses
- September 3, 4, and 5 from 5 – 8 PM and September 7 and 8 after all Masses
Parent Orientation for ALL FAMILIES in Family Faith Program: Parent Orientation August 25 or September 29 at 9AM in the parish hall.
Registration closes September 8th
Be prepared to register by bringing your child’s baptism certificate*, your payment and any other documents required. Permission slips and releases will be signed at the time of registration, so a parent or guardian needs to be present to complete the paperwork. For additional information, contact the Faith Formation Office (818) 889-0612. *if you have already turned in your certificate, a second copy is not needed.
If your child is in their first or second year of Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and First Communion (SAC Prep), there are separate requirements: Click here for SAC Prep
Grades 1 - 6
In addition to work at home, students and their families will meet once a month for a two hour session (Group A or B) Click here for calendar
- Family can mean many different things. Single parents, grandparents, a multitude of children at all different ages. Everyone is welcome to come at the same time. At least one adult (not teen sibling) needs to be attendance with your child or children
- At registration, you choose to be a part of either the Group A or Group B Sunday sessions. There is no difference between the sessions, just dates. It only meets once a month, however, there is additional material expected to be completed at home.
- Younger children are welcome.
Time spent during session:
- The first 45 minutes is spent in family based activities – Gospel sharing, discussions, crafts or service projects.
- The next hour will be our breakout sessions. Every student goes to class with students their own grade. Adults stay together for a parent session which covers a variety of topics and discussion with the other parents. We do have a breakout for preschool/kindergarten.
- Students return to their family and we have a closing prayer
At Home responsibilities:
- Each child will receive 2-3 worksheets that are tied to Scripture. The worksheets should be completed as a family prior to the next session.
- Attend Mass, pray together, have meals together…things you already do, just do with more intention
- If your child is in Sacramental Preparation - please read the requirements for each year. Click here to visit the Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and First Communion page
Grades 7 - 8 Junior High Ministry
Junior High Ministry 7th/8th grade
Fun, Friends, and Faith! Through faith building activities, games, lessons and monthly service projects, the junior high ministry will make connections between Catholic faith and everyday life. We meet weekly on Wednesdays beginning in October from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Click here for Junior High Ministry
Children with Special Needs
In 2012, we began a program for students with special needs as part of our Family Faith program. With the help of Mrs. Lucia Bartlett and her devoted team of adults and teens, we began walking the journey of faith with special needs students. Our program was featured in the June 11, 2015 Acorn Newspaper "Faith in Our Special Needs"
The Special Needs Ministry offers children the ability to learn about the love and care of Jesus in their own way and at their own pace. Special emphasis is provided on the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation for those children who have not yet received these sacraments. Click here for Special Needs Faith Formation or contact our Ministry Coordinator Lucia Bartlett or (818)889-2541
- St. Jude's Bible Study - Promoting an appreciation of reading the Bible and understanding how Bible readings can be applied to our daily life. Everyone is welcome, wherever you are on your spiritual journey. St Jude’s offers four adult Bible Study classes.
- Family Faith Formation Calendar
- Second Year SAC Prep Calendar