Confirmation and Youth Night, including Year 2 Sponsor Night, have been cancelled through April 9th. Confirmation Year 1 will have their last session on April 26th.
Confirmation at St. Jude celebrates the Holy Spirit working in the hearts of young people. The Confirmation process is a time of discernment for our teens to explore, challenge, grow and eventually take ownership of the Catholic Faith. The process involves not only the teens, but the whole family and entire parish community. Confirmation is a two year process which starts in their Freshmen, Sophomore, or Junior year of high school.
Confirmation Coordinator Lucia Bartlett or 818-889-2541
Confirmation Process includes:
- Attend Confirmation Nights, which are held one time per month on Sunday’s from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Attend 5 Youth Nights throughout the year, which are held on week days, with additional dates on Sunday’s for those that have week day conflicts. Additional opportunities include Inspiration at Six Flags, Santa Barbara Youth Day, and Los Angeles Youth Day and City of Saints.
- Attend a Confirmation Retreat.
- Complete 2 service projects throughout each year of Confirmation.
- Make the commitment to attend Mass as part of your family's routine.
Service Projects Sign-Ups All service projects must be parish-based. One service project should be completed before December 15, 2019 and both service projects must be completed by March 1, 2020. The link below includes all of the current opportunities that are available. The Sign Up Genius is updated each month to reflect upcoming projects, so please check back! To sign up for a service project, please go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13574DB07A6C8E4C17-confirmation
Be sure to check back each month for additional opportunities!
There are other ongoing service project opportunities that are not listed on the sign up genius as well. Some ongoing service projects are: Altar Serving and Ushering (4 Masses = 1 project), Assisting with Family Faith or Special Needs Classes (3 classes = 1 service project), or the Frank’s Homeless Recycling Collection rotation. If you are interested in getting involved in these regularly scheduled service opportunities, please contact Lucia Bartlett at [email protected].
- Year 1 - Calendar 2019-2020
- Year 2 - Calendar 2019-2020
- Service Forms 2019-20
- Year 1 - Sponsor Form 2019-20
- Year 1 - Saint Form 2019-20
Video: Sacraments 101: Confirmation