Confirmation at St. Jude celebrates the Holy Spirit working in the hearts of young people. The Confirmation process is a time of discernment for our teens to explore, challenge, grow and eventually take ownership of the Catholic Faith. The process involves not only the teens, but the whole family and entire parish community.
Confirmation preparation at St. Jude is a two year process that may be started in the 9th-11th grade.
Important details about registration:
Registration for the 2022-2023 Confirmation Preparation Classes has closed. If you were hoping to enroll your child in the program, please contact Cindy Kozal at [email protected]
All teens and their parents/ guardians, who have registered for Confirmation, are invited to a mandatory Orientation Session. There are two options for dates that you can attend this information session. You only need to a choose one date, so whichever time works best for your schedule. The flyer with orientation dates is below.
If you have completed all the paperwork for Confirmation registration, but have yet to turn in a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate or general fee of $140, both of those are due at latest by August 28th.
Payment Link for General Fees : https://www.wesharegiving.org/app/giving/WeShare-2341?tab=home
Instructions for paying online:
- Click the link above, then click “Give Now”
- Choose one time payment or recurring payment depending on what type of payment you would like to make.
- Next, go to the drop-down list marked “Fund” and click “Confirmation Fees”
- Enter $140 in to the “Amount” box
Description of Confirmation Classes:
We have an exciting year planned for our St. Jude teens! Important notes for the upcoming year:
- NEW! Monthly Joint Year 1 and Year 2 Parent Meetings are an opportunity for you and your child to dive deeper into Church teachings while also growing in relationship with one another.
- Additional Sponsor Nights and Parent Meetings: these will always coincide with regularly scheduled Confirmation Nights.
- Books: Students will be guided by the Decision Point Series published by Dynamic Catholic. Workbooks will be provided at the first Confirmation Night.
Below are more specific details for both Year 1 and Year 2:
|Year 1||Year 2|
Retreats: This year, both Year 1 and Year 2 will be attending overnight retreats. The cost as well as more information about these retreats will be available at the Parent & Teen Orientation Night in August.
Service Opportunities: Click here for service opportunities
Questions? Please contact Cindy Kozal [email protected]