Preparations are underway for our annual St. Jude’s Adopt-a-Family Christmas Program 2022! Although how we provide for children in need looks different than years past, our goal to share our many blessings with others remains steadfast. It has been necessary to make changes to Adopt-a-family in response to both the pandemic and social agency considerations. As we did last year:
- Every child in the families we adopt will receive a wrapped box (roughly the size of a shoe box) filled with gifts.
- For each gift box given, we will provide a gift card to give to the child’s parent(s) to purchase gifts.
- You will be able to adopt and provide a gift box for as many children as desired, girls and/or boys sorted in various age groups.
You will have the following options to support Adopt-a-Family Christmas this year:
- Select one or more children to provide a gift-filled box (we will provide boxes after all Masses the first weekend of November).
- Make a financial donation for the purchase of gift cards.
- Or do both - If you choose both options, we ask that gift cards not be placed inside the wrapped gift box.
More details are provided here where you will also find the online sign-up form to select the child or children for whom you choose to provide gifts. We will also host sign-ups after all Masses the first weekend in November. If you have additional questions, email us at [email protected], or phone Karen Nichta @ 818-383-4406.
Collection Day is Saturday, December 3 from 9:00 am- 2:00 pm in the St. Jude's parking lot. If you would like to volunteer to help in the parking lot, please email [email protected].
Peace and blessing from the Adopt-a-Family team.
Adopt-a-Family donations will bring the spirit of Christmas to families assisted by Ventura Catholic Charities, St. Malachy's Catholic Church in Los Angeles, Catholic Charities Moorpark, Lutheran Services in Thousand Oaks, Many Mansions in Thousand Oaks and Harbor House in Thousand Oaks.