COVID-19 Update (24 March 2020 — 6:30 PM)
In continued commitment to reducing the spread of the COVID-19, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles announced further liturgical guidelines for Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese, including the closure of all churches to the public until further notice. Click here to read the updated liturgical guidelines.
COVID-19 Update (21 March 2020 — 8:00 AM)
In accordance with the guidance from the CDC and governmental officials regarding public gatherings, all Catholic Cemeteries and Mortuaries will be temporarily closed for regular visitation and non-essential business matters until further notice. At this time, Catholic Cemeteries and Mortuaries will be focusing efforts in serving families with immediate need. Click here to learn more. (En español)
COVID-19 Update (16 March 2020 — 6:30 PM)
The Archdiocese of Los Angeles suspends Masses amid the current health threat due to COVID-19. Click here to read the full statement.
Article: Archbishop José H. Gomez’s weekly column in Angelusnews.com addresses the temporary suspension of public Masses and the crisis: https://angelusnews.com/voices/in-the-time-of-coronavirus/.
Archdiocese’s emergency preparedness webpage: Visit lacatholics.org/emergency, for the most updated information and resources on limiting the impact of the coronavirus in our communities of faith.To receive updates on the coronavirus or other ADLA news and information, please visit this webpage or text ADLA to 84576.
Spiritual Communion Available When Unable to Receive the Eucharist: Please click on the following link https://www.dolr.org/article/those-unable-receive-eucharist-can-have-spiritual-communion
FREE Catholic CDs, Books and Education; and Study Series of the Bible for Lent
With the present National Emergency, there is now more time for prayer, study and work by individuals and families at home. The FREE opportunities below for growth and sharing are especially valuable at this time.
- Order FREE Catholic CDs and books (especially Woman) or listen to the CDs and get links to many other Catholic organizations at http://www.Catholicity.com/.
- Get FREE Catholic Answers about the beliefs and practices of the Catholic Faith through articles, videos, Catholic radio and more at http://www.Catholic.com.
- Access FREE Catholic Online--the World's Catholic Library at http://www.Catholic.org.
- Receive FREE helps in many sections in English and Spanish to be a living Catholic at http://www.Catholic.net
- Receive a FREE complete and long-term Catholic education by clicking http://www.YCVF.org for Your Catholic Voice Foundation. It offers the Catholic Online School which give FREE Catholic education for 263,000 student enrollments in 184 countries!
- YOU are invited to view the video series on The Bible and the Church Fathers (such as St. Augustine) by Scott Hahn during Lent and later. It is available both on DVD and FREE by streaming at http://www.StPaulCenter.com
Jesus: Encountered. Loved. Served.
32032 W. Lindero Canyon Rd., Westlake Village, CA., 91361 | (818)889-1279
Out of an abundance of caution, to protect the safety and welfare of both our parishioners and the Parish Staff from the spread of COVID-19, we have decided to suspend person-to-person interactions at the parish Offices, beginning March 18 through March 30, 2020. We will be checking our emails and voicemails regularly.
NEVER MISS A PUBLICATION!
Get our publications emailed to you as soon as they're available! Subscribe to our publications
Donating online is easy with St. Jude’s online giving system, WeShare. Donate today using your debit, credit card, checking or savings account. With WeShare you can make a one-time or recurring donation to a Collection of your choice. Click here for a complete list of Collections
Flocknote is an online platform that Bishop Barron has chosen to offer access to his digital library: Word on Fire ENGAGE. Our parish has purchased a subscription so parishioners are able to access Word on Fire videos from a computer or cell phone – anytime - for free! Fr. Jim hopes everyone will take advantage of this amazing gift to our parishioners!
There are 2 easy ways to connect (pick one):
- 1. Visit our church by clicking on the following link www.flocknote.com/StJudeWLV
- 2. Text SJWLV to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates
Tax Statement Request 2019
To request a printout of your 2019 Donations to St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, please click here to submit your request or click on the button below. You may email your request to Parish Business Manager, Barbara Farmer [email protected]. Please include the following information with your request: name, address, phone number, and envelope number.
Monitor Your Children Online
Footprint Friday: A Free Tool to Monitor the Online Footprint of Your Student. This tool helps parents monitor their student's social media presence every Friday in less than 5 minutes. Read more.
03/28/20 3:06 am
A short video-summary of the Pope's Special Urbi et orbi blessing on March 27, for a world suffering from the coronavirus pandemic.
03/28/20 12:37 am
Pope Francis’s intention for morning Mass celebrated at the Casa Santa Marta on Saturday morning is for all those experiencing hunger as a result of the measures to contain the coronavirus. (playback included)
03/27/20 11:17 am
Pope Francis meditated on the calming of the storm from the Gospel of Mark during the prayer service over which he presided on the steps of St Peter's Basilica on Friday evening. Here is the full text.