Family Faith Formation
The Family is the first place that the Gospel is shared and lived. You, as parents, have the unique privilege and honor of being the primary catechist of your child. The Catholic Church considers the home to be the domestic Church because what you do in your home and as a family is holy. Our hope is that the program will allow for the incredibly busy schedules your families have, for intentional time spent in conversation about faith with your child and to create the desire to build Catholic community connections with other families. For more information, please contact our Faith Formation Coordinator Cindy Kozal (818)889-0612
Register for Family Faith Formation 2017-2018
How Family Faith Program works
If your child is in their first or second year of Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and First Communion (SAC Prep), there are separate requirements: Click here for SAC Prep
Grades 1 - 6
Students and their families will meet once a month for a two hour retreat (Group A or B) Click here for calendar
- Family can mean many different things. Single parents, grandparents, a multitude of children at all different ages. Everyone is welcome to come at the same time. At least one adult (not teen sibling) needs to be attendance with your child or children
- At registration, you choose to be a part of either the Sunday session. Once you register for a particular session, that will be your session for the year. It only meets once a month, however, there is additional material expected to be completed at home.
- Younger children are welcome.
Time spent during retreat:
- The first 45 minutes is spent in family based activities – Gospel sharing, discussions, crafts or service projects.
- The next hour will be our breakout sessions. Every student goes to class with students their own age. Adults stay together for a parent session which covers a variety of topics and discussion with the other parents. We do have a breakout for preschool/kindergarten.
- Students return to their family and we have a closing prayer
At Home responsibilities:
- Each student will bring home a workbook for you to work on with your child in between the monthly retreats. We use Loyola Press Finding God 2013 edition for our workbook series.
- Attend Mass, pray together, have meals together…things you already do, just do with more intention
Grades 7 - 8 Junior High Ministry
SJ 7/8 YM...Fun, Friends, and Faith! Grades 7 and 8 meet on Wednesday evenings 7 pm – 8 pm twice a month in the Youth Room. Learn more about God’s Word, our Catholic Faith and participate in community service projects. Click here for Junior High Ministry
Children with Special Needs
In 2012, we began a program for students with special needs as part of our Family Faith program. With the help of Mrs. Lucia Bartlett and her devoted team of adults and teens, we began walking the journey of faith with special needs students. Our program was featured in the June 11, 2015 Acorn Newspaper "Faith in Our Special Needs"
The Special Needs Ministry offers children the ability to learn about the love and care of Jesus in their own way and at their own pace. Special emphasis is provided on the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation for those children who have not yet received these sacraments. Click here for Special Needs Faith Formation or contact our Ministry Coordinator Lucia Bartlett or (818)889-2541
- Family Faith - Loyola Press Family Ideas and Information
- Finding God E-newsletters - For Parents and All Adults Nourishing Their Catholic Faith
- St. Jude's Bible Study - Promoting an appreciation of reading the Bible and understanding how Bible readings can be applied to our daily life. Everyone is welcome, wherever you are on your spiritual journey. St Jude’s offers four adult Bible Study classes.
- Family Faith Formation Calendar
- Second Year SAC Prep Calendar
- First Year Older SAC Prep