St. Jude's Loaves & Fishes Ministries
Loaves and Fishes is a ministry that organizes parish members into the communal action of donating food, personal goods and service to those in need. The food collection was the genesis of this program which has evolved to serve many other needs in Ventura and Los Angeles Counties.
How you can help: As the needs grow in the surrounding communities, our responses grow too, but we can use more hands and feet to help do the work. We need:
- people to make reminder callsfor food collections (no cold calls) AND folks to pick up food being donated by a parishioner and deliver it to the parking lot (BOTH TASKS ARE TWICE A YEAR)
- people with trucks or SUVs to deliver donations to service agencies
- people at packing parties to assemble special projects we are donating to agencies who serve those in need
- people who are willing to work on small infrequent service projects at their leisure (usually assisting a senior with a small project)
- people to sort recyclables and/or take them to Simi Valley for redemption
- people to pick up bread donations at Panera one Friday a month and deliver it on a Saturday morning to a local destination for donation.
These are many ways to share our time and talent for those who need us most. Please call John or Jackie Treuting (805) 495-4630
Loaves and Fishes Ministry Thank You St. Jude’s Parishioners for 15 years of giving to the homeless and poor. Read more
Here is a list of the many Loaves & Fishes Ministries: