St. Jude's Homefront Ministry is committed to supporting our troops serving abroad by sending them items from home to show our appreciation for their service. Throughout the year, and during our annual Veteran's Day Collection Drive, parishioners are invited to donate the following items to be sent to the troops in conjunction with "For the Troops" in Simi Valley.
- Letters of Appreciation Addressed to "American Hero"
- Baby Wipes
- Granola Bars/Pop-Tarts
- Dried Fruit/Raisins
- Coffee or Tea – Indiv. Size
- Small Cans of Tuna/Chicken/Fruit
- Athletic Socks
- AA & AAA Batteries
- Beef Jerky (NO pork) – Indiv. Size
- Cotton Swabs/Q–Tips/Pipe Cleaners
- Stationery Items – Pens/Greeting Cards
- Small Jars of Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Small Handheld/Travel-size Games
- Lip Balm
- Crossword/Word Search/Sudoku Books
- Monetary Donations*
*Monetary Donations are welcome as well to defray shipping costs. Checks may be made payable to "St. Jude's Homefront Ministry" or "For the Troops." For the Troops is an organization in Simi Valley dedicated to sending care packages to our military.
To donate items or for more information, contact Claire and Pat Young (805) 532-9201. On behalf of our troops, thank you and God Bless!