Office Hours and Mass Times
Monday - Thursday 9-5 pm
Friday 9-4 pm
Closed for Lunch 12-30-1:30 pm
Sunday 7:30 - Noon
CLOSED: JANUARY 21-MLK DAY
REGULAR MASS TIMES
Saturday Vigil 5pm
Sunday Mass 8am, 10am, Noon, 5pm
Weekday Mass Monday - Friday 12:05pm
RECONCILIATION Saturday Evenings 3:45-4:30pm
Wills Planning Seminar
This Event has been Cancelled
Have you been putting off establishing a Will and other important documents as part of you estate plan? You are not alone! Representatives from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, legal and financial professionals will be joining us to discuss these important topics:
- The importance of having a Will and /or Trust, Power of Attorney and other critical documents
- Catholic teachings on Advance Healthcare Directives
- Including Charitable Giving in your estate plans
- Free Legal and Financial Consultation
Parish Hall on Thursday, January 17
1:00 PM and 7:00 PM
RSVP with the Parish Office at (818) 8889-1279.
University Series 2019
During the season of Lent, The University Series offers a multitude of seminars connecting faith with real life in areas such as current events, contemporary moral issues, evangelization, faith and science, marriage and family, church history, scripture, prayer, and other priorities set by the Los Angeles Archdiocesan Synod. Sessions include multi-media presentations and always allow time for your questions. This year, 88 presentations will be held at 13 participating parishes from St. Mel in Woodland Hills to Simi Valley, Moorpark, Conejo Valley, Camarillo, and Ventura. Our faculty has extensive knowledge in their fields and love teaching. They include international authorities, priests, religious, professors, authors, lay people, and local favorites who are all passionate about helping our attendees grow in knowledge and faith. Here are some important dates:
- January 26-27 Kick-Off Weekend. Catalogs and pre-registration materials will be distributed at all Masses at participating parishes. Pre-registration opens for discounted tickets. Purchase your Season Pass or register for individual presentations at www.theuniversityseries.org.
- February 18 Pre-registration closes.
- March 7- April 12 The University Series is in session.
View course description and more information at www.theuniversityseries.org. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-496-0222 ext.119. Like us on Facebook at The University Series. Follow us on Twitter at TheUniversityS. The University Series strives for excellence because our Catholic faith deserves our very best efforts.
Tax Statement Request 2018
January Pope Video
Flocknote is the online platform that Bishop Barron has chosen to offer access to his digital library: Word on Fire Engage. Our parish has purchased a subscription so that all parishioners can choose to join and receive access to Bishop Barron’s videos – The Mass, The Catholicism Series, Pivotal Players and many more! Fr. Jim hopes that everyone will take advantage of this amazing gift to the parish. Access Word on Fire videos from your computer or cell phone – anytime.
There are 2 easy ways to connect (pick one):
- 1. Visit our church by clicking on the following link www.flocknote.com/StJudeWLV
- 2. Text SJWLV to 84576 from your phone to subscribe to updates
Gift Shop and Online Store
ADVENT SALE 50% Off
Gift Shop Advent and Christmas Items On Sale Now
Shop for Gifts, Books, Jewelry, and Religious Statues. Gift Cards available!
Monday - Thursday 9-5 pm
Friday 9-4 pm
Shop our Online Store for exclusive items only available online.
Coffee & Donuts on the Patio
Sunday mornings on the patio following the 8am and 10am Masses. Donuts and coffee are provided by the church and served by volunteer parishioners and school parents like you. It is easy, just set the hospitality table with donuts and coffee. Help keep this St. Jude tradition going and volunteer by clicking here.
Donating online is easy with St. Jude’s online giving system, WeShare. Donate today using your debit, credit card, checking or savings account. With WeShare you can make a one-time or recurring donation to a Collection of your choice. Click here for a complete list of Collections or choose one of the following:
- Confirmation Fees
- Country Time Faire
- Faith Formation Fees
- General Collection
- Loaves and Fishes Ministry
- School Security Project
- Special Needs Ministry
- Together in Mission - The only Annual Appeal program in the country that dedicates every dollar to assisting parishes and schools in every region of the Archdiocese that need it. For more information visit www.ourmissionla.org
Safeguard the Children
Keeping the Promise Alive Recertification expires every 4 years, you need to register on line immediately after your class ! Reservation required, call (818) 889-0612 to reserve a space or register at www.virtus.org. Keeping the Promise Alive Schedule:
- February 19, 2019 @ 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Fingerprinting does not expire, you are only required to have your fingerprint done once in a lifetime! Fingerprinting schedule:9-0612)
- January 18, 2019 @ 12:00-3:00 / 4:00-7:00 (for appointment, 818-889-0612)
Monitor Your Children Online
Footprint Friday: A Free Tool to Monitor the Online Footprint of Your Student. This tool helps parents monitor their student's social media presence every Friday in less than 5 minutes. Read more.
- Shelters: Locate an open emergency shelter near: Text SHELTER and your ZIP CODE to 43362
- 211: Call 211 for information about local resources.
- Crisis Counseling: 1(800)985-3990
- Disaster Assistance: Check your eligibility for disaster assistance in your area by applying online at disasterassistance.gov or call 800-621-3362 TTY: 800-462-7585
Archdiocese of Los Angeles's Bequest Language
An excellent way for you to support Archdiocese of Los Angeles's parishes, schools and ministries is to leave us a bequest in your will, living trust or with a codicil. One significant benefit of making a gift by bequest is that it allows you to continue to use the property you will leave to charity during your life. Another benefit is that you are able to leave a lasting legacy. Read More
- Father Jim Stehly, Pastor
- Rosa Garcen, Administrative Assistant
- Barbara Farmer, Parish Business Manager
- Cindy Kozal, Faith Formation Director
- Lucia Bartlett, Confirmation/Youth Ministry and Special Needs Coordinator
- Michele Schulte, School Principal
- Natalie Bopp, Bulletin and Website Editor
- John & Jackie Treuting, Directors of Outreach